Company: William Paterson University
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Financial Analyst (Job ID:1255)
Office of the Controller
William Paterson University invites applications for the 12-month
full-time position of Financial Analyst.
Reporting to the Associate Controller, the Financial Analyst is
responsible for general financial administration and related
reconciliations and analysis. The Financial Analyst participates in
the financial administration processes of the department including
paycycle production, transaction uploads, reconciliations,
financial analysis, journal entry processing, capital and fixed
asset transactions, travel and food service requests, employee
reimbursements, and other related financial procedures. This role
works as a collaborative team member in a cross-trained
environment. The job requires excellent Excel skills.
The Office of the Controller provides service to the WP community
by facilitating smooth financial transacting and reporting for
faculty and administrators. The Office ensures compliance with the
University's extrenal financial reporting requirements, internal
financial policies and procedures, nd for the transactional
activities of University funds, including grant and tax-exempt bond
funds. The Office also manages general accounting, accounts
payable, banking and investing and oversees risk management
activities, including insurance policies and the State of New
Jersey tort claim process.
For more information visit:
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited
- Perform various operational processes like Travel
reimbursement, Food service request, and paycylce
- Performs reconciliations of operating and balance sheet
accounts, including those with high transaction volume and high
degree of complexity.
- Participates in check voiding processes, including research of
- Prepares journal entries and completes appropriate forms for
processing in accordance with established policies and
- Maintains written up-to-date procedures manual of primary
responsibilities including the steps performed in each
- Communicates clearly both orally and in written communication
to the University Community and external parties.
- Uses spreadsheets and other software tools to perform assigned
- Articulates and finds solutions to complex problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned that are appropriate for the
- Hybrid/remote work available depending upon institutional
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university in
Accounting or other financial field.
- Demonstarted working knowledge of accounting
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel and ability to
use advanced Excel functions.
- Ability to work in an online environment using tools such as
Teams, Zoom, etc.
Additional, preferred Qualifications:
- One (1) or more years of financial analysis and/or financial
- Banner finance experience.
Personal attributes and traits:
- Demonstrated abilty to communicate effectively in verbal and
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as
- Ability to create and sustain working relationships in a
diverse working environment.
- Capable of prioritizing work in order to meet agreed upon
Invitation to Apply:
Interested candidates will be prompted to complete an application
and submit a resume and cover letter.
Submission of all documents listed above is required for
General questions related to this application process, please
About William Paterson University
William Paterson University is the third most diverse public
university in New Jersey. As a longstanding member of the Hispanic
Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU), we have been
designated by the US Department of Education as a Hispanic-Serving
Institution. William Paterson University is also proud to be
designated as a NASA MSI (Minority Serving Institution). The
University offers undergraduate and graduate academic programs that
range from liberal arts and sciences to pre-professional and
professional programs; it enrolls over 8,000 students from across
the country and from over 40 nations. The University is situated on
a beautiful, 370-acre suburban campus in Wayne, New Jersey, just
twenty miles west of New York City
Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Keywords: William Paterson University, Wayne , Financial Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!