Lead Performance Test Engineer
Company: Spearhead Staffing
Posted on: April 1, 2021
We are seeking a Lead Performance Testing Engineer for a direct
hire empolyee role with our client in Wayne, NJ (07470).
Compensation depends upon experience level. Experience in
developing performance testing scripts for MS Azure based products
and execution using tools like Performance Center or JMeter or
Blaze meter preferred.The Lead Performance Testing Engineer is
responsible for establishing a new infrastructure and application
Performance Testing capability within the company. You will play a
key role in transforming the bank as we pivot to become a world
leader in digital banking products. Your role will include the
design and continuous evolution of the performance testing
capability within the bank, including tooling, processes, and
frameworks.As part of an existing QA team, working across iterative
and traditional solution development lifecycles, you will work
closely with both product and platform teams to support the rapid
delivery of value through development and engineering teams. You
will be expected to drive a quality mindset throughout the full
project/product lifecycle to ensure the creation of testable user
stories and acceptance criteria. You will be expected to
communicate effectively in collaboration with the systems and
development teams to troubleshoot performance and scalability
issues. You may be called on to provide coaching and mentoring to
QA team colleagues who specialize in functional testing in order to
drive the delivery of comprehensive testing
solutions.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Performance
Testing strategy, including tooling, processes, and
- Participate in sprint/project/release planning to contribute to
testing plans and initial scheduling estimates per project.
- Work with project teams to ensure that system performance
requirements, scalability expectations, and solution designs are
clearly understood and testable.
- Translate system performance and system scalability
requirements into test cases for testing of new releases or changes
to existing systems.
- Understand complex, large scale systems in test and production
environments such as cloud, containers and configurations.
- Design workload models identify critical high-volume activities
and establish test parameters.
- Evaluate resource usage, speed, availability, response times,
scalability and reliability.
- Work with the development and infrastructure teams to triage,
analyze and resolve performance issues.
- Leverage performance testing knowledge and solutions to
contribute to the definition of system monitoring and alerting
- Introduce relevant testing approaches into the development,
infrastructure and QA teams.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts for the
maturation of the IT QA/QC function and the overall SDLC/PMLC.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and advocate for IT QA/QC to
promote a culture of good quality practices.Required Skills:
- Ability to identify critical components of an application, run
queries and perform log file analysis.
- Strong influencing, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
with an ability to identify problems/gaps, assess the requirements
to address, and get buy-in to implement solutions.
- Strong analytical and research skills. Should be well organized
and detail oriented as well as possessing excellent written and
oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in small teams
and be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced
- Individual must demonstrate initiative, work well independently
as well as a contributing member of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for
composing and delivering technical presentations or other forms of
documentation to various level of technical and non-technical
- Experience with working within continuous delivery
- Excellent time management, planning and multi-taskingskills to
support more than 1 testing campaign at the same time.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, phone, video,
- High School diploma or GED and a minimum of 5 years' experience
in Performance testing and knowledge of product performance testing
concepts, methodologies, and techniques.
- Experience in developing performance testing scripts for Cloud
or MS Azure based products and execution using tools like
Performance Center or JMeter or Blaze meter or any home-grown
testing platform along with Java /Python or other languages.
- Experience in planning and designing performance tests for
load, stress, spike, scalability, and volume testing.
- Must be able to run platform/application performance testing
end-to-end from requirements and addressing planning, scripting,
test executions and result analysis.
- Must possess strong experience using and implementing best
practice programs with respect to load generation, bottleneck
analysis, usage of modeling tools and statistical analysis.
- Must have good experience using server and network monitoring
- Proficient in analysis of performance testing results to
present to business partners, product teams, operations, etc.
- Experience with analyzing and generating reports and
- Minimum 2 years' experience in security testing practices and
tools, experience with performance testing in a banking environment
and/or experience creating performance testing solutions for the
Salesforce platform is preferred.Please note: This position is not
open to 3rd party c2c agencies. No visa sponsorship provided. All
applicants must have permanent US work authorization and not
require sponsorship now or in the future. Locals/ daily commuting
distance only please; no remote or relocation. - provided by
Keywords: Spearhead Staffing, Wayne , Lead Performance Test Engineer, Engineering , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!