Company: Valley National Bank
Posted on: May 2, 2021
Job Description: The Cloud Engineer is responsible for
architecting and developing cloud-native platforms on Azure & AWS,
virtual machines, containers, serverless, network, storage,
security, platform services such as analytics, database, devops
pipeline, etc.; architect Integration Platform as a Service, such
as Mulesoft/Boomi; developing software defined strategies for
infrastructure management, application deployment, and services;
moving on-premise production and testing environments to the cloud
and providing continuous technical support to both internal and
external customers through the move process and afterwards; daily
management and maintenance of cloud-based infrastructure.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design state-of-the-art technical solutions on Azure & AWS that
address customer's requirements for scalability, reliability,
security, and performance.
- Install, configure, automate, and monitor various cloud
services, Infrastructure as a Service and Platform (IaaS,
- Configure application-aware infrastructure to automatically
handle application requirements, security, and
disaster-preparedness functions such as back-ups and data
- Perform operational engineering for activities which include
platform upgrades, server patching, monitoring, configuration, and
- Work closely with a team of architects, engineers, and
developers to create functional design specifications.
- Create and manage all cloud provisioning scripts needed for
single instance, environment-based (dev, prod, etc.) or
- Closely coordinate with DevOps team on additional cloud
automation above the infrastructure layer.
- Lead and coordinate the work of an integrated project team
comprised of developers, subject matter experts, database
administrators, system administrators, and system architects to
implement and maintain enterprise-level information technology
- Lead in all cloud technology deployment activities, workflow
configuration and development, and third-party system
integration.Requirements: Required Skills:
- Cloud Computing Platforms: Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform,
Azure Core Platform, Google Cloud Platform: Compute, Storage and
- Infrastructure as Code: VMware, CloudFormation, ARM templates,
Deployment Manager, or Terraform.
- Administration of virtualized platforms on various cloud
providers (public and private).
- Management of cloud networks and connectivity including
- Knowledge of Operating Systems, Virtual Machine environments,
Mainframe security packages, and Relational Database Management
Systems, Systems Automation platforms and Technologies.
- Data Platform: SQL, Azure DB, Cosmos DB, HD Insights.
- Linux systems administration, configuration, troubleshooting
- Web Technologies: IIS, Azure Web Apps, PHP, Apache, Tomcat,
Cassandra, Kafka, Nginx, HAProxy, MySQL etc.
- Identity and Authentication: SSO/Federation, AD/Azure AD
- Extensive knowledge of Middleware & System Engineering.
- Scripting skills (Python/Ruby/Bash/Go/etc.).
- Programming skills (PowerShell, Python, Node.js, C#, Java
- Working knowledge of at least one configuration management
tool, such as Ansible, Chef, and/or Puppet, Docker and other
- Experience with Active Directory including managing/maintaining
- General understanding of Microservices, such as Docker,
- Deep understanding of firewalls, NAT and packet filtering.
- Management Suite (OMS), certificates and SSL management.
- Knowledge of backup and disaster recovery processes.
- Strong knowledge of IT compliance, information security, and
- Strong knowledge of multiple security concepts and methods such
as vulnerability assessments, data classification, privacy
assessments, incident response, security policy creation,
enterprise security strategies, architectures and governance.
- All aspects of DevOps (source control, continuous integration,
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and effective verbal and
written communication skills. Required Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum 7 years' related work
- Experience with cloud management frameworks.
- Approximately 4-7 years of technical architecture
- Experience with Azure Resource Templates.
- Implement security architectures for cloud cloud/hybrid
- Extensive Python, CFT (JSON/YAML), Terraform skills for
building out automation and infrastructure as code.
- Experience in standing up CICD pipeline, orchestration with
Jenkins/bamboo, code development in one of cm technologies with
chef, puppet, ansible.
- Experience with Windows Server management (2012 r2, 2016).
- Experience deploying web and service-based applications in
- Knowledge of network equipment/IOS: routing, switching, and
- Knowledge of network protocols such as: DNS, SMTP, SNMP, SSH,
- Strong understanding of networking (TCP/IP, OSI model),
operating system fundamentals (Windows, UNIX, mainframe), security
technologies (firewalls, IDS/IPS, etc.) and application
programming/scripting languages (C, Java, Perl, Shell).
- Experience using Git, JIRA.
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration
- Experience with Management Suite (OMS), certificates and SSL
JSON and XML formats is a plus.
- Great working knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, and load
balancing General understanding of CMS applications, .Net Framework
and/or .Net Core.
- Proven technical troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Experience with monitoring tools, such as Application Insights,
Microsoft Operations, Prometheus, Grafana and Splunk.
- Strong Jenkins background and experience with Artifactory and
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements and compliance
issues affecting clients related to privacy and data protection,
such as PCI DSS, GLBA, Basel II, EU Data Protection Directive,
International Cross Border, and U.S. State Data Privacy Laws.
- One or more cloud platform certifications.
- Experience working with a variety of Banking IT software and
service providers preferred.
- Azure Certification preferred.
- Amazon Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect -
Keywords: Valley National Bank, Wayne , Engineer Cloud, Engineering , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!