Sr Network Operations Engineer
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Description: The Senior Network Operations Engineer will
work with the team to support network operation, implementation,
and integration of network changes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Network Design & Implementation -
- Responsible for defining and supporting the overarching network
- Work closely with cross functional teams across multiple
disciplines and collaborate with other SMEs and technical support
teams to implement network business requirements.
- Develop tools and processes to automate tasks.
- Secure the network by developing network access, monitoring,
control and evaluation processes/solutions. Collaborate with
Information Security groups on network components for managing
existing productions and standing up new products.
- Establishes network specifications in conjunction with
operational standards. Configure the networks to provide effective
levels of redundancy and performance for use by mainframes and
personal computers in all locations which run production
- Maintain and enhance knowledge of emerging technologies.
Research, develop and implement new data technologies that will
banking operations through efficiencies. Keep apprised of changing
technologies through research and participating in educational
opportunities or professional organizations.
- Prepare technical documentation to inform all users of the
automation software functionality and availability of features.
Develops instruction sets to permit the effective and efficient use
of the data networks. Trains all team members in the use of all new
- Operations Support, Troubleshooting, Incident Management &
- Requires extensive troubleshooting on day to day network issues
and provide permanent solutions. Candidate must possess in-depth
technical knowledge to:
- Serve as the subject matter expert and provide guidance to IT
and Information Security teams on all items related to network
- Serve as a key representative on major network troubleshooting
- Support Branch/Backoffice (SDWAN/DMVPN) and Data Center (Nexus)
- Support Root Cause Analysis reports for incidents and
- Maintain the network at the highest level of performance and
- Maintain service operating manuals and diagrams using Valley's
- Mentors junior staff members and provides feedback to
management for performance evaluations.
- On-call rotation for after-hours support.
- Assists management in preparing financial information related
to budgets, annual maintenance, monitoring and operational
- Solid understanding of Cloud based technologies and trends',
IaaS, UCaaS (Public, Private Hybrid Clouds).
- Experience with Cisco ISE, Cisco Prime, Gigamon, Forescout, and
- Storing knowledge with network storage, capacity planning,
security controls, data center virtualization.
- Hands on experience with Cisco networks to perform change
control scripts and validations.
- Hands on experience with Wireless Controllers and Network
Access Controls (NAC).
- Expertise using Visio to produce detailed network
- Prior experience architecting, implementing, and administering
advanced, Enterprise level LAN/WAN and Wireless LAN Network
- Prior experience working with enterprise-class routers,
firewalls, switches and other network appliances.
- Prior experience working with a VoIP/converged networks, QoS
policies, DMVPN, BGP, MPLS, EIGRP, OSPF, LACP, GLBP, HSRP, STP,
VTP, Route redistribution, and Path Control.
- Prior experience deploying and supporting VPN (Site-to-site and
- Prior experience deploying and supporting LDAP and Port Based
Network Access Control in a Wireless LAN environment (802.1x).
- Prior experience deploying and supporting Cisco Nexus
- Prior experience with Wi-Fi deployment planning,
troubleshooting, resolution of Wireless issues.
- Prior experience with implementation and operation of Palo
Alto/Panorama and F5.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability
to present to Senior Management.
- Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information
Technology or related technical field and a minimum of 5 years
related experience as Sr Network Operations/Engineering.
- Expert knowledge in Converged Networks.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information
Technology or related field and/or the ability to execute Python or
Ansible scripts preferred.
Keywords: Mdmsrecruiting, Wayne , Sr Network Operations Engineer, Engineering , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!