Principal Mechanical R&D Engineer
Company: The Mullings Group
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Principal Mechanical R&D Engineer:
Responsible for the mechanical design and development of complex
medical devices by applying advanced engineering practices,
knowledge of diverse manufacturing processes, and ability to
leverage extensive experience by mentoring junior staff.
This person will be driving development of their IntraAortic
Balloon Pump (IABP). Heavy involvement in next generation work
continuing to advance their technology in the vascular space.
Considerable focus on the design of pumps that are life saving
* Reviews and helps to develop product specifications
* Creates conceptual design solutions.
* Collaborates with electrical, systems and software engineers.
* Collaborates with program management, marketing, regulatory
affairs, quality, manufacturing, industrial design.
* Coordinates the mechanical design schedule with the
cross-functional program team
* Develops prototype hardware using internal manufacturing
resources as well as outside vendors
* Generates documentation and change orders for design transfer to
* Mentors junior engineers in the performance of their assigned
* Minimum of 6+ years of related experience in design/product
development of electromechanical assemblies including technical
supervision of projects or sub-projects
* Advanced knowledge of FDA, IEC and UL standards relating to
medical electronic equipment
* Advanced knowledge of the design, analysis and manufacturing of
complex, multi-physics mechanical systems.
Keywords: The Mullings Group, Wayne , Principal Mechanical R&D Engineer, Engineering , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!