Company: Han IT Staffing
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Duties and responsibilities:
Provides advanced data solutions by using software to process,
store, and serve data to others. Tests data quality and optimizes
data availability. Ensures that data pipelines are scalable,
repeatable, and secure. Utilizes a deep dive analytical skillset on
a variety of internal and external data.
- Deep technical knowledge including proficiency in at least two
of Python, SQL, Hive, Spark, Amazon Web Services / cloud computing
(e.g., Elastic MapReduce, EC2, S3), Bash shell scripting
- Experience writing production quality code to create data
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to
- Understanding and applied knowledge of Agile delivery
- Writes ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, designs
database systems and, develops tools for real-time and offline
- Troubleshoots software and processes for data consistency and
integrity. Integrates complex and large scale data from a variety
of sources for business partners to generate insight and make
- Translates business specifications into design specifications
and code. Responsible for writing complex programs, ad hoc queries,
and reports. Ensures that all code is well structured, includes
sufficient documentation, and is easy to maintain and
- Partners with internal clients to gain an expert understanding
of business functions and informational needs. Works closely with
other technical and data analytics experts across the business to
implement data solutions.
- Leads all phases of solution development. Explains technical
considerations at related meetings, including those with internal
clients and less experienced team members.
- Assesses data quality and tests code thoroughly for accuracy of
intended purpose. Provides data analysis guidance and serves as a
technical consultant for the client.
- Educates and develops junior data engineers on the team while
applying quality control to their work. Develops data engineering
standards and contributes expertise to other data expert teams
- Tests and implements new software releases through regression
testing. Identifies issues and engages with vendors to resolve and
elevate software into production.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as
Keywords: Han IT Staffing, Wayne , Data Engineer, Engineering , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!