Therapy Specialist II
Company: Getinge Group
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Job Function Summary:
The Therapy Specialist II sells, promotes and provides strategic
account management of Getinge products and drives revenue growth in
the defined geographic territory by new account development and the
expansion of existing accounts, to meet sales quota based on the
company's sales goals. The Therapy Specialist II will be
responsible for managing all aspects of the sales process and will
report to the Regional Manager.
Job Functions: (Primary "essential" duties and
* Serve as a key business partner to Getinge clients in the field
and develop and maintain strong relationships.
* Sell products by scheduling sales calls to meet with current and
potential customers to fulfill revenue and unit growth objectives
assigned by company on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
* Develop and implement sales strategies by determining the
relevant factors (e.g., product, competition and pricing needs) of
existing and potential accounts to effectively promote the
company's products to appropriate hospital personnel and
* Develop and implement business plans (i.e., weekly, quarterly,
monthly) along with providing timely, accurate forecasting by
analyzing quarterly and monthly sales figures and reports
identifying the needs of particular accounts and discussing issues
with the Regional Sales Manager to help the organization achieve
its annual sales goals.
* Determine the needs (e.g., product and pricing), goals, product
usage, and types of cases handled by specific customers by meeting
with and asking in-depth questions of physicians and other hospital
personnel to learn which GETINGE products can best address their
* Successfully negotiate contracts through Local Market Agreements
at the facility and/or IDN level by working with relevant Getinge
personnel to establish price points that address specific
customer's needs while satisfying company guidelines and
* Respond to customer needs and complaints regarding products and
service by developing creative and feasible solutions or working
with other related personnel (e.g. clinical research, pricing
and/or marketing) to develop optimal solutions.
* Develop relationships with hospital personnel (e.g. through
casual conversation, meetings, participation in conferences) to
make new contacts in other departments within hospital and to
identify key purchasing decision makers in order to facilitate
* Educate customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of
company products by giving presentations and demonstrations using a
wide variety of formats and platforms (e.g., slides,
transparencies, manuals) to secure purchasing commitments, often
with the help of incentive programs and services made available to
the account being developed.
* Observe actual procedures in the operating room of hospital
accounts to gain insight into the specific nuances of each
physician and member of the lab staff.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent sales experience in medical
* Minimum of 5 years medical device sales experience and 5+ years
of selling and/or clinical support of mechanical circulatory
systems such as pulmonary & hemodynamic support; with a minimum of
3 years of capital equipment sales
* Demonstrated record of success or achievement in sales
* Ability to meet and exceed the assigned sales plan on an annual
* Solid understanding of specified functional area, and application
of business concepts, procedures and practices.
* Capable of managing time and resources within the assigned
territory in conjunction with near-term plans to ensure the
territory's objectives are achieved.
* Ensure compliance with governmental regulations and maintaining
honesty, integrity and excellent work ethics.
* Be able to enhance teamwork within the region and maintain a
collaborative relationship with all levels of the organization.
* Carry out operations within an established budget.
* Must have sound knowledge of a variety of alternatives and their
impact on the business, and be able to exercise judgment in
selecting innovative and practical methods to achieve problem
resolution in the assigned territory.
* Establish and cultivate an extensive network of support to
facilitate completion of assignments.
* Ability to influence middle management and external customers on
technical as well as new business solutions.
* Participate in the development of less experienced staff by
setting an examples, providing guidance and offering counsel. May
lead a project team and participate in determining goals and
objectives for projects.
* Basic to intermediate skills in Microsoft in Excel, Word and
Outlook and familiarity with CRM tools.
* Must have a valid driver's license.
* Same as Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Build Quality into all aspects of work.
* Ensure compliance to all FDA and Worldwide Quality & Compliance
regulations (As applicable to your job function).
* You must have the education and experience to understand and
comply with U.S. and Worldwide medical device regulations (As
applicable to your job function).
* Attend all required Quality & Compliance training at the
* Adopt the "Beyond Compliance Quality Culture" in the work
environment; always meet and exceed requirements.
* Must practice verbatim compliance (exact compliance, no
interpretation) with corporate Quality and Regulatory procedures
(As applicable to your job function).
* If your job description requires customer facing activities, you
must thoroughly understand and comply with the Customer complaint
reporting process and complaint procedures (As applicable to your
* Must be able to promptly report any non-compliance issues to
Chief QA, RA, Compliance officer or appropriate administrator,
including the Compliance Hotline.
* Must be competent with 21 CFR 820, 801, 803, 806 and any other
applicable federal regulations, and Quality standards (As
applicable to your job function).
* Must not be debarred by FDA for work in any Medical Device or
Environmental/Safety/Physical Work Conditions:
* Ensures environmental consciousness and safe practices are
exhibited in decisions.
* Ensure up-to-date knowledge and compliance with all
environmental, safety and health policies. Make management aware of
any actual or potential hazards in work environment and recommend
any improvements to reduce exposure
* Use of computer and telephone equipment and other related office
accessories/devices to complete assignments
* Will be required to lift up to 137 Ibs.
* The position requires travel of approximately 50% and above.
Internal and External Contacts/Relationships
* Field Sales and Service teams.
* Internal department such as Finance, Sales Compensation, Sales
Reporting, Marketing and Service.
* Physicians, nurses and other hospital personnel.
The above information in this description is intended to describe
the general nature and level of work performed. It does not contain
nor is it intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory
of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of
employees assigned to this job.
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer M/F/Veteran/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status
Keywords: Getinge Group, Wayne , Therapy Specialist II, Healthcare , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!