Sr. Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
Posted on: September 16, 2022
*Sr. Environmental Health & Safety Specialist**Wayne, NJ**At
Getinge we have the passion to perform* Join our diverse teams of
passionate people and a career that allows you to develop both
personally and professionally. At Getinge, our passion is to secure
that every person and community have access to the best possible
care, offering hospitals and life science institutions products and
solutions that aim to improve clinical results and optimize
workflows. Every day we collaborate to make a true difference for
our customers - and to save more lives. Are you looking for an
inspiring career? You just found it. *Job Overview: * Develop,
implement and coordinate Health and Safety programs and activities
to reduce or eliminate Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S)
impacts for Getinge Sales and Service Unit while ensuring
compliance with current and future legal, regulatory, corporate and
customer requirements. *Job Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
** Develops, coordinates, and maintains the Environmental, Health &
Safety program and related activities to ensure compliance with
current and future legal, regulatory and corporate
* Assess work environments and job-level functions to ensure heath
and safety programs and initiatives are developed to support a safe
workplace and mitigate risk.
* Manages regular strategic review of EH&S in the organization
and provides appropriate objectives and programs to improve overall
EH&S performance and to defend against future liabilities.
* Presents Environmental, Health & Safety performance, discusses
upcoming Environmental, Health & Safety actions to improve
functional performance, and proactively identifies and promptly
addresses Environmental, Safety & Health issues which may affect
operations or may provide strategic advantage to the business.
* Establishes and tracks metrics for assessing EH&S
effectiveness in the organization, including OSHA Total Recordable
Incident Rate (TRIR) and OSHA Lost Worktime Case Rate (LWR)
* Develops and executes a plan to reduce worker injury and lost
* Leads the creation and maintenance of an appropriate EH&S
culture through cross-functional cooperation, communications,
promotions, and training.
* Manages all EH&S regulatory reporting requirements.
* As applicable, responsible for emergency planning and takes
leadership role in EH&S emergency situations. Ensures that
adequate evacuation and response arrangements are in place for
fire, accidents and all other emergency situations.
* Responsible for directing EH&S incident investigations,
identifying root causes, and executing sustainable corrective
actions through project management, direction, and coaching.
* Represents the company on EH&S affairs with relevant external
parties, including customers, ensuring adequate response to all
regulatory and legal issues and customer requirements.
* Responds to customer inquiries related to health and safety
questionnaires, qualification dashboards and employee training
records. *Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: ** 5-7 years'
experience in EH&S program development, implementation and
* Must have prior experience working with local, Federal and State
Authorities for permits and reporting.
* In depth knowledge of state and federal OSHA standards and
* Experience working in an FDA regulated environment is highly
* Experience supporting both office and field based operations is
* Must have effective verbal and written communication skills and
be able to interact with all levels of the organization.
* Must demonstrate the ability to take initiative and work
independently to drive results.
* Applied experience in the field of ergonomics and pro-active
repetitive stress injury prevention is highly desirable.
* Strong leadership, interpersonal, strategic thinking/planning,
communication, and collaboration skills are essential. *Excellent
Opportunity to join an industry leader!**Excellent
Benefits!...**Dental, Health,* *Vision,* *Life and 401(k) and
more!**Interested candidates please send your resume.* Getinge is
an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy,
genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status or any other characteristic protected by law. We look
forward to receiving your application. If you share our passion and
believe that saving lives is the greatest job in the world, then we
look forward to receiving your application. We hope you will join
us on our journey to become the world's most desired medtech
company. INDNM Job Type: Full-time Benefits:
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday Work Location: One location
Keywords: Getinge, Wayne , Sr. Environmental Health & Safety Specialist, Healthcare , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!