Company: Sarasota County Schools
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Sarasota County Schools is in search of a Speech-Language
Pathologist to provide a comprehensive program for students who are
referred to the speech/language impaired program. Our A-rated
district offers one of the highest starting teacher salaries in the
state plus 100% employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision,
and life insurance) and employer contributions to retirement plans
through the Florida Retirement System (FRS)! Qualifications
- (1) Bachelor's Degree and or Master's Degree from an accredited
- (2) Certification in Speech-Language Pathology by FLDOE and/or
licensure in Speech-Language Pathology by the state of Florida,
Department of Health Professional Regulations. CFY accepted.Key
- Establish short- and long-range plans based on student needs
and consistent with District and state requirements.
- Select materials to support learning objectives and meet the
needs of students with diverse backgrounds and special needs.
- Plan a therapy program for eligible students, including
implementation and annual review of the Individual Education Plan
- Participate in school-level child study teams as
- Provide statistical information for program planning, such as
FTE information, severity rating data, end-of-year reports,
matriculation reports, screening results, and other relevant
- Schedule students for speech/language impaired programs taking
into account the total educational setting.
- Order materials and supplies for program implementation as
- Prepare and maintain audit files on all speech/language
- Maintain a positive, organized, and safe learning
- Manage time, materials, and equipment effectively.
- Establish and maintain effective and efficient record-keeping
- Identify students who have speech and/or language impairments
through screening and/or diagnostic assessments.Application
Instructions To be considered for employment, you must complete our
two-step application. First, please fill out and submit an online
Sarasota County Schools Certified application on our website.
Second, please apply directly to the open Speech-Language
Pathologist posting () under District Positions.Visit the Human
Resources website to start your application!About Sarasota County
SchoolsDedicated to academic excellence, Sarasota County Schools is
home to 55 schools, 45,500 students, and 5,500 employees. We are
located on the Gulf Coast of Florida between Tampa and Ft. Myers,
boasting award-winning beaches and a community with vibrant arts
and culture! We are one of only two Florida districts to be graded
"A" by the Florida Department of Education every year since grading
began in 2004. Our district offers one of the highest starting
salaries in Florida along with an incredible benefits package
including employer-paid medical, dental, vision, life, disability,
and retirement. U.S. News and World Report has recently ranked
Sarasota among the best places to live in the nation and the top
place to live in Florida.The starting salary is $53,000 minimum
with the opportunity for experience credit and educational
supplement for a Master's degree.
Keywords: Sarasota County Schools, Wayne , Speech-Language Pathologist, Healthcare , Florida, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!