Retail Sales Associate, Willowbrook - Variable Hours
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Macy--s is proudly America--s Department Store. There--s a reason
we--ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion,
value and celebration. Macy--s is also known for giving back to our
The magic of Macy--s ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our
store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide
outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping
experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy--s
(seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore
the world of retail. Some of Macy--s top executives started their
careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions
are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing
leadership skills to grow your career at Macy--s. Macy--s stores
are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships,
building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy--s is
the --Academy-- for retail careers.
A store colleague position (whether it--s a seasonal job, part-time
retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a
career in the world of retail. Many of Macy--s top executives
started their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent
college graduates into our development programs in the various
functions at Macy--s. Job Overview:
As a Selling Colleague, you will be an integral part of bringing
the magic of Macy's to life. Selling Colleagues provide outstanding
customer service, meet hourly sales and Loyalty goals on a personal
and departmental basis, and demonstrate superior product knowledge
to customers. Selling Colleagues create a shopping experience that
will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable including the
upkeep of merchandise within the store and maintaining the
stockroom. The Selling Colleague is also responsible for
fulfillment and performing other duties as necessary.
Macy--s uses a scheduling plan that allows our colleagues to
participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing
availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key
events and peak selling times, Macy--s may offer additional shifts
to our colleagues, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling
tool. Essential Functions:
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the
customer is always the priority.
- Assist customers in all aspects of total store fulfillment and
have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical
customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary.
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and other
customer preference related factors; suggest additional merchandise
to compliment customer selection.
- Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services to build
sales and minimize returns, including Macy's Loyalty Programs.
- Be proficient in POS systems including but not limited to
Search and Send and My Client.
- Proactively assist customers who are using devices to shop and
compare, whether Macy--s devices or their own.
- Develop new business and expand client base through networking,
suggestive selling and on the floor presence.
- Maintain department recovery standards; including fitting room
go backs to standard, if applicable.
- Retrieve additional merchandise for customers as
- Assist the Support Colleague Team in the movement of fixtures
and merchandise for new product, season changes, and clearance
- Assist in inventory and markdown process.
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance
- Follows shortage programs and procedures.
- Perform these and other functions in an efficient manner, as
directed by the Supervisor.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality Qualifications
- No Education or Experience Required
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate
and share information with diverse groups of customers and
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as
part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours,
including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays Physical
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to
perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register
and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs Candidates in Colorado: Click
here to find Pay Range information and here to learn about Benefits
Keywords: Macy--s, Wayne , Retail Sales Associate, Willowbrook - Variable Hours, Hospitality & Tourism , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!