Seasonal Retail Sales Support Specialist, TNF Mens/Missy/Kids, Willowbrook (NJ) - Full Time
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason
we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion,
value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving back to our
The magic of Macy's ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our
store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide
outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping
experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy's
(seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore
the world of retail. Some of Macy's top executives started their
careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions
are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing
leadership skills to grow your career at Macy's. Macy's stores are
ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building
teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy's is the
"Academy" for retail careers.
A store colleague position (whether it's a seasonal job, part-time
retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a
career in the world of retail. Many of Macy's top executives
started their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent
college graduates into our development programs in the various
functions at Macy's.
Job Overview The Vendor Paid Merchandise Selling Support Colleagues
are responsible for all functions related to assisting customers
with product selection, executing merchandise standards, and
maintaining selling floor presentations for the brand or specific
vendor they represent. The Vendor Paid Merchandise Selling Support
Colleague is a product expert for the vendor that funds them. They
support our customer-readiness standards by delivering a memorable
customer experience and maintaining a neat, clean and organized
shopping environment. Essential Functions
- Make the customer the top priority
- Leverage product knowledge to increase sales by educating and
assisting the customer in making the best choice
- Assist with maintaining and recovering the selling floor,
ensuring all sizes, colors and styles are available
- Ensure appropriate selling floor presentation by promoting
events and merchandise assortments
- Ensure fitting rooms are customer-ready by promptly clearing
brand-specific merchandise and returning it to the appropriate area
on the selling floor
- Exhibit friendly and helpful customer experience
- Drive and exceed department goals by executing Macy's
initiatives to actively drive the business.
- Maintain communication with vendors, Customer Experience
Managers, Omni Operations Managers and Style Merchandise Managers
for support on driving sales and event promotions
- Adhere to all safety and security policies and procedures
- Complete other customer-facing tasks as needed
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality Competencies
- No specific educational accomplishments are necessary.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Possess strong merchandising skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to
customers, peers and all levels of management.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal
- Must be able to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate as a member of a team.
- Demonstrate an energetic and positive attitude, strong
communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess vision and creativity.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours,
which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
Essential Physical Requirements
- Must be able to reach and use hands and arms continuously.
- This position requires substantial bending, lifting, standing,
- Requires close vision and color vision.
- Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs.
Keywords: Macy's, Wayne , Seasonal Retail Sales Support Specialist, TNF Mens/Missy/Kids, Willowbrook (NJ) - Full Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!