ZAF - Cycle Counter - Solutions
Company: DSV Air & Sea Inc.
Posted on: March 21, 2020
If you are a current DSV employee and interested in a position in
another country, please contact your manager and Human Resources
representative to discuss the process and requirements of
ZAF - CYCLE COUNTER - SOLUTIONS
Job Req Number: 25447
Computer data entry is required for receipts, shipments and
inventory maintenance. The Inventory Associate is responsible for
assisting the supervisor/manager in ensuring the facility is in
compliance with quality standards.
As part of the DSV team, Associates are expected to meet company
objectives in the areas of performance, safety, and quality.
Associates are expected to comply with all corporate and
Position shift is 4 p.m. to 1 a.m. Monday-Friday. The first weeks\'
training will be from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Maintain accurate warehouse inventory
* Direct customer interface to answer questions and resolve
* Return material coming from customer to factory
* Transfer material to the appropriate area
* Relocate material to keep and maintain inventory range and
* Safe use of all equipment
* Function autonomously, reporting progress and issues to
* Follow company policies, guidelines and procedures
* Maintain appropriate records and reports to ensure inventory
control and security. Conduct physical inventory as required.
Assist in conduct daily / monthly in-house cycle count when
required, support shipping / receiving in locating missing items
* Perform safety audits per operation requirements. Report and
correct any unsafe operations
* Participate in daily start-up and staff meetings as required.
Assist supervision as needed.
* Use PC skills for e-mail and generating reports as required.
* Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities
relating to product, process, and quality system; to identify and
record any problems relating to the product, process, and quality
system; to initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through
designated channels; to verify the implementation of solutions.
* Review/investigate issues with inbound and/or outbound functions
including unloading, checking, orderly stacking, storing, order
pulling, staging, labeling and loading. Ship material to the
factory upon client requests inventory. Notify management when
procedures require updates.
* Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area. Perform
housekeeping audits per operation requirements.
* Performs other duties as required
* Assist supervision/management as needed
* Able to work flexible schedules, including nights and weekends,
as required by the operation. Participate in established cross
training matrix activities with the opportunity to improve their
knowledge in multiple areas / departments and be able to assist as
a backup associate when the need may rise.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
* Must have a High school diploma or general education degree
* 6 months experience working in a logistics/distribution/relevant
* Able to operate MHE
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional
* Satisfactory completion of a forklift training program
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* Basic computer skills
* RF Scanners
* WMS functions
* English (reading, writing, verbal)
* Basic to intermediate level to verify quantities of product,
count inventory, or perform other duties associated with handling,
storing and distributing client products.
* Strong attention to detail accuracy and accomplish job task in a
* Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision or
* Must be able to effectively adapt to change and thrive in a
stimulating, fast-pace work environment.
* 1-3 years experience working in an inventory department
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her
hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach
with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The
employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision
requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs while following proper lifting
procedures. Must be able to stand on feet for up to 8 hours per
DSV Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport
and logistics industry. 45,000 employees in more than 80 countries
work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and
high-quality services as part of the operation or in a variety of
supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy
responsibility, we ll give you the support you need to explore your
potential and forward your career. Read more at www.dsv.com
PRINT LOCAL SHARE ON TWITTER SHARE ON LINKEDIN SEND AS EMAIL
Why DSV READ THE REASONS
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are
considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color,
national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status,
marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national
origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require
special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with
DSV, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are
interested in learning the status of your application, please note
you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources
contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV
reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
Keywords: DSV Air & Sea Inc., Wayne , ZAF - Cycle Counter - Solutions, Other , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!