Phlebotomist (Sat, 7 Hours)
Company: BioReference Laboratories
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We are looking for a Phlebotomist (7 hours per week) in our
Wayne, NJ location.
Schedule: Sat- 9am-3pm
The Phlebotomist provides expertise in blood draws and specimen
preparation. Their ability to put patients at ease and obtain
sufficient samples with minimal discomfort to patients across a
wide demographic is critical to our commitment to high quality care
for our patients and those of our partners.
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the
- Experience doing blood draws, labeling specimens, centrifuging
specimens, recording maintenance data and decontamination, updating
patient information, etc.
- Collects and stores specimens according to established
- Properly explains in a clear but courteous manner the process
of the venipuncture (blood drawing) and or other specimen
collection (ex. urine or fecal) as required
- Demonstrate technique/s using straight needles and/or butterfly
- Fully understand all of the physicians' orders.
- Matches laboratory requisition forms to specimen tubes. Label,
centrifuge, split, and freeze specimens as required by test
- Check all test requisitions or computer label against script to
ensure 100% correct.
- Package specimens for transport
- Stores specimen sample according to required temperature,
places samples in appropriate collection container/ tube,
accurately labels, follows different procedures as outlined by
specific to protocol deemed necessary for transport to maintain
integrity of the specimen.
- Understand and comply with OSHA and DEP regulations.
- Attend annual department trainings
- Answer telephone calls, read laboratory results to satisfy
- Valid Phlebotomy certification for the state where you will be
employed as required (CA & LA require license, FL requires
- Minimum of 6 months' work experience performing venipunctures
in a fast paced lab or hospital setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent patient interaction skills both in person and by
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: BioReference Laboratories, Wayne , Phlebotomist (Sat, 7 Hours), Other , WAYNE, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!