Salesforce Platform Team Lead
Company: Valley National Bancorp
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Platform Team lead is a key member of a dedicated Salesforce
Platform team. The objective of the Platform team is to enable
rapid, secure product delivery through several Product teams,
increasing code reuse across teams while reducing technical debt.
This role will be setting the technology direction for the team,
driving best practices and enabling the most effective method of
delivering capabilities. In addition, with the support of the
Salesforce Architect, you will be defining the Architectural
Blueprint for the teams and supporting the teams in the
implementation of it. You will influence the long-term platform
direction working closely with the Platform Product Manager and
Platform Architect to define the architectural roadmap and vision
for the Platform. You will work closely with Engineers across the
Product Teams to define and continually refine standards and
reusable design patterns for use across the whole Salesforce
landscape. As a Team Lead, you will ensure software quality,
standards, compliance, reusability and ease of maintenance of your
fellow team members work is maintained through best practice use of
tooling and manual code reviews. Responsibilities include, but are
not limited to: Leadership and management
- Lead a team of engineers in the design and build of a world
class Salesforce Platform on behalf of Valley Bank.
- Provide ongoing leadership to the team ensuring that the team
has a well understood vision and directing the team to a mindset of
continual improvement and value focused outcomes; continually
review and improve operating principles and ways of working.
- Support your team members in the advancement of their technical
skills and knowledge through the ongoing mentoring and
- Ensure that the team are kept current and up to date on both
the ongoing evolution of the Salesforce platform as well as ongoing
industry evolution of software engineering methods and tools.
- Support your team and associated Product Teams in the continual
evolution of their engineering practices including the ongoing
migration to CI/CD pipeline automation / source driven development
- Responsible for hiring, coaching and development, goal setting
and performance management. Platform Engineering and Delivery
- Drive code reuse across product teams through the design and
build of reusable building blocks and design patterns.
- Support the Product Manager and Architect in the curation of
the upcoming sprint backlog for the Platform Team to ensure stories
adherers to INVEST criteria.
- Support the Product Manager in the creation of the Platform
Roadmap and Vision.
- Support the team in solution designs aligned to the Platform
- Create automation capability to remove, where possible, human
interaction of manual and repeated tasks. Quality
- Custodian of the code quality for the Platform, utilizing SCA
tooling in addition to manual code reviews for the team.
- Maintain an acceptable level of technical debt, ensuring an
appropriate balance of feature delivery and long-term cost of
- Maintenance of the knowledge base for the Platform including
technical designs and operational support knowledge articles.
- Member of a community of practice responsible for the ongoing
definition of standards and design patterns.
- Drive automation. Required Skills:
- Understanding of Agile methods, outcome focused delivery and
- Strong Salesforce technical and delivery experience in Sales /
Service / Community clouds.
- Ability to use fundamental programmatic capabilities of the
Lightning Platform to develop custom interfaces to extend
Salesforce capabilities and develop custom business logic.
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce security model (Roles,
Profiles, OWD, Sharing settings, etc.).
- Experience integrating Salesforce with other enterprise
applications and services through platforms such as Mulesoft and
Informatica. Experience with Salesforce Web Services APIs --
SOAP/REST based Web Services.
- Prior exposure to ETL tools; solid understanding of Salesforce
data model and knowledge of SOQL/SOSL.
- Solid understanding of relational databases (Oracle, MS SQL
- Proficiency in determining when to use Salesforce declarative
capabilities over custom programming methods.
- Experience with managed package implementations.
- Hands on experience of delivery automation through CI/CD;
ideally using Copado.
- Good understanding and hands on experience of source code
management / branching strategies, ideally using Git.
- Hands on experience of test automation.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, troubleshooting, and
- Effective at communicating designs verbally and through
documentation to technical colleagues.
- Experience of Agile delivery; hands on experience with creating
user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Ability to understand and develop business processes and how
these are supported by system components.
- Ability to develop business and technical requirements,
defining architecture, design specifications and test
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams requiring
coordination across multiple internal groups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Ability to lead development of comprehensive solution and
technical design, application architecture, integration
- Ability to communicate complex technical solutions to
non-technical business users from various backgrounds. Required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent and minimum
of 2 years working in an Agile, outcome focused environment.
- Minimum of 8 years of Salesforce experience.
- Experience with Test Automation Tools, ideally within a
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, ideally within a Salesforce
- Ideal candidate should have prior exposure to FSC (financial
services cloud) and/or experience with nCino a bonus is
- Application Architect, System Architect or on a path to
achieving either of them preferred.
Keywords: Valley National Bancorp, Wayne , Salesforce Platform Team Lead, Other , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!