Company: Wayne NJ Public Schools
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Applicant must have minimum of 60 college credits or a passing
score on the ParaPro Assessment.
Under the supervision of the building principals and the
oversight of a certified teacher or other certified staff, the
paraprofessional assists/reinforces student instruction, behavior,
social skills, community-based instruction, and activities of daily
living. A paraprofessional may also assist with clerical and other
related tasks to the instruction of students with special
- Supports students by reinforcing personal, social, behavioral,
and academic learning goals. This may include assisting students
with self-care tasks in the areas of eating, dressing, and
- Assists with classroom management, providing students with
needed positive behavioral supports.
- Supports student participation in class activities providing
prompting, cueing, modeling, and coaching as needed.
- Promotes student independence, fading supports when
appropriate; helping students develop competence and
- Assists school staff in maintaining a safe and effective
learning environment for academic and non-academic settings (i.e.
lunchrooms, study halls, playgrounds and buses).
- Observes the actions of students and provides input and
collects data, when required.
- Provides minor clerical assistance to certified staff.
- Accepts field trip, before and after school assignments if
- Maintains confidentiality of students at all times.
- Performs other related duties as required.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and work year to be determined by the Board of
Performance of this position will be evaluated annually in
accordance with the Board's policy on non-certificated staff.
Approved: H-2018-9 10/19/17
Keywords: Wayne NJ Public Schools, Wayne , Paraprofessional (Part-time), Other , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!