Per Diem Substitute Teacher (Temporary Increase to $200/Day Eff. 2/12 to 4/8/21)
Company: Wayne NJ Public Schools
Posted on: June 6, 2021
How to Become A Substitute for the Wayne Township Public
- Go to https://www.applitrack.com/wayneschools/onlineapp/default.aspx.
Complete and submit the application to be a per diem or permanent
- Complete the Criminal History Record Check Process (https://homeroom4.doe.state.nj.us/chr)
Pay administrative fee(s) for the criminal history background
clearance and print out the IdentoGO New Jersey Universal
Fingerprint Form from the New Jersey Department of Education
(NJDOE) Office of Student Protection webpage ($11);
Go to the Identogo Website to schedule an appointment and pay
fingerprinting fees. Follow the instructions to determine if you
will need to be fingerprinted in person or whether you will be able
to archive or transfer your fingerprints.
- Attend the scheduled appointment time and get fingerprinted or
archive or transfer your fingerprints to Wayne. The district code
is 5570. If you have an appointment, please make sure to bring the
following with you:
Picture Identification (ID);
IdentoGO New Jersey Universal Fingerprint Form; and
Verify criminal history status form.
- Apply online in the Teacher Certification Information System
(TCIS) for the substitute credential and pay the $125.00
Upon completion of the online application, Applicants should
record their individual Tracking Number generated by TCIS during
the application process, and then deliver the following
information/documentation with your tracking number to Marian
Barbera at the Wayne Township Public Schools. Please call or email
for an appointment. (973-633-3000 ext. 2130 or
Sealed (Official) college transcripts proving at least 60
college credit hours (substitute credential) or signed letter from
employer documenting work experience (CTE substitute credential
Approved criminal history status check.
- Required forms downloaded from website and completed.
(I-9, W-4, direct deposit, staff notification form)
Title: SUBSTITUTE TEACHER
A substitute teacher must be fully certified according to the
requirements set forth by the Department of Education of the State
of New Jersey. Must possess the ability to maintain effective
relationships with students, parents, peers and administration.
Must be skilled in oral and written communication. Ability to
perform duties with awareness of District requirements and Board of
Under the guidance of the Building Principal, implements the
daily instructional plans of the classroom teacher in an effective
manner. Maintains a class environment favorable to learning and
maintains proper classroom management.
- Implements the instructional plans prepared by the teacher.
When in long-term placement, creates instructional plans in
accordance with the district curriculum.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at
the times designated.
- Maintains a classroom climate that is conducive to
- Maintains reasonable rules of conduct which encourage
self-discipline and responsibility.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures as established by the
board of Education and Administration in written or verbal
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect
students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Maintains records as required by law, District policy and
- Serves as a positive role model for students, demonstrating
professionalism that includes a positive attitude, positive and
respectful communication and professional appearance.
- Meets accepted standards of professional behavior.
- Communicates effectively with parents when needed.
Performs other duties as assigned by the administration or
required for the effective implementation of District goals,
objective, programs and policies.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary and work year to be determined by the Board of
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance
with New Jersey state law and the Board's policy on evaluations for
Agenda Approved: May 5, 2016 H-2016-8
Keywords: Wayne NJ Public Schools, Wayne , Per Diem Substitute Teacher (Temporary Increase to $200/Day Eff. 2/12 to 4/8/21), Other , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!