Anticipated Cafeteria and Playground Aide
Company: Wayne NJ Public Schools
Posted on: June 6, 2021
TITLE: SCHOOL/CAFETERIA/PLAYGROUND AIDE (11:15am-1:45pm)
- Equivalent to completion of 12th grade
- Knowledge of school rules and regulations; student needs; first
aid; and appropriate rules, student behavior expectations,
materials and equipment, etc., needed for student activities.
- Ability to deal courteously and tactfully with students, staff
members, and the public.
- Ability to obtain the respect of students, to win their
cooperation, and to assist them in solving their problems and
concerns in a sympathetic and positive manner.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral
- Ability to maintain consistency and follow through in carrying
out school rules and regulations.
- Ability to maintain composure, calmness, sound judgement, and
cooperative work skills during times of stress and/or situations
which create unusual job responsibilities.
- Effective problem-solving, organizational, human relations, and
written and verbal communication and comprehension skills.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may
find appropriate and acceptable. Child Supervision experience
The School/Cafeteria/Playground Aide (SCPA) shall be appointed
on an annual basis by a majority vote of the Board of Education,
and shall not be eligible for tenure. This shall be a 10-month
III. STAFF ORGANIZATION
The SCPA shall report to the Building Principal. S/he shall
assist students in attendance at a particular school site.
IV. JOB GOAL
Assist in overseeing the cafeteria and playground areas and
perform other student coordinating work with regard to maintaining
order, safety, and cleanliness on school property.
V. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- In the cafeteria and playground assist in the enforcement of
the rules as determined by the district.
- Assist students during lunch periods and from established
stations during recess.
- Treat students in a positive, fair, and consistent manner.
- Assist in the intervention in problematic social interactions
among student to foster more positive, considerate behavior.
- Communicate problems/concerns to teacher and/or nurse, and
communicate serious incident problems to the Principal.
- Complete disciplinary forms in order to report repeated student
- Work with other cafeteria/playground coordinators in a
positive, professional manner.
- Inspect the playground equipment and playground regularly.
Report problems to the Principal.
- Perform such other responsibilities consistent with this job
description as may be assigned by the building Principal.
Approved on 11/16/06
Agenda # PH-66-07
Keywords: Wayne NJ Public Schools, Wayne , Anticipated Cafeteria and Playground Aide, Other , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!