Per Diem Substitute Caregiver
Company: Wayne NJ Public Schools
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The caregiver shall be a graduate of a recognized high school.
He/She shall meet the qualifications required by the school laws of
the State of New Jersey and the Wayne Township Board of Education.
The caregiver needs to have prior experience working with school
age children in an educational, camp, or recreational environment.
Good oral and written skills are necessary, as well as the ability
to work effectively with children and the childcare team.
Reports To: Site Lead Caregiver
Provides supervision of and direct care to participants enrolled
in the Before and After Care Program.
- Greets and assists participants and parents when they are
arriving and departing from the Before and After Care Program.
- Assists the Site Lead Caregiver with reports and paperwork as
needed. Accurately completes all paperwork.
- Assists with setup and distribution of snacks, equipment and
other supplies. Ensure all supplies are cleaned up and the room is
left as it was found.
- Escorts and monitors participants using the lavatory.
- Maintains discipline among the participants and maintains
control of the childcare area.
- Actively monitors students on the playground and facilitate
group activities in the program rooms.
- Supports and aides participants during a quiet and calm
- Follows all safety and security procedures.
- Establishes a cordial and respectful relationship with peers,
parents, school staff and supervisors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Terms of Employment:
Salary and work year to be determined by the Board of
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with NJ
State law and the provisions of the Board's policy on the
evaluation of non-certificated staff.
Approved: 11/19/15 H-16-11
Keywords: Wayne NJ Public Schools, Wayne , Per Diem Substitute Caregiver, Other , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!