Company: Wayne NJ Public Schools
Posted on: June 6, 2021
JOB GOAL: To assist the Business Administrator and Assistant
Business Administrator with all financial aspects of the business
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve month position, salary and benefits
to be negotiated with the Board of Education.
REPORTS TO: Business Administrator and Assistant Business
EVALUATION: To be evaluated annually by the Business
Administrator or Assistant Business Administrator
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business
- Knowledge of computer applications. (i.e.: Excel, Word,
- Experience in school auditing or school business operations
- Posses leadership and decision making skills along with strong
written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principals as
prescribed by the New Jersey Department of Education.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with other employees.
- Minimum three (3) years experience preferably in governmental
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications deemed necessary
by the Business Administrator.
- Assists in the preparation of all district bank accounts
including preparation of monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepares district wide monthly financial reports; board
reports; expenditures reports; review of treasurer's report.
- Record and input all receipts and general ledger entries in the
- Assist with district budget preparation and maintenance.
- Maintain all general ledger accounts and expenditure budget
line item accounts in accordance with generally accepted accounting
- Maintain close working relationship with the Treasurer of
School Monies to ensure delivery of bank statements, check
registers and all other necessary documents are provided in a
- Maintain fixed asset ledger district wide.
- Perform regular analysis of budget expenditure
- Assist in preparation of audit documents.
- Perform various interval audit of fixed assists, general
enterprise and student activity funds.
- Maintain Special Revenue and Capital Projects fund, including
establishing budget, monitor expenditure, general ledger entries
and financial reporting.
- Assist the Assistant Business Administrator in completing
required state reports.
- Performs all accounting duties for all federal, state and local
grants in the Special Revenue fund.
- Perform any other professional functions, projects and
assignments assigned by the Business Administrator or Assistant
Approved: On 9/30/03 P-58-04
Keywords: Wayne NJ Public Schools, Wayne , Accountant, Other , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!