Loan Operations Booking/Funding Specialist
Company: Valley National Bancorp
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Loan Operations Data Integrity Specialist will prepare loan
booking sheets on new loans, renewals and modifications to ensure
accuracy, consistency and regulatory compliance for all data
entered in the loan accounting system.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review each loan approval for appropriate lending authority
based on loan type, exposure limit, etc. to ensure approvals are in
compliance with Bank's Lending authority requirements as outlined
in the Credit Policy Manual.
- Review loan packages for compliance with regulatory
requirements i.e. Flood, HMDA, CRA, REG B, etc.
- Review lender supplied loan forms; i.e. TDR Assessment, LTV
Calculator, Loan Exceptions, CIP, etc. for accuracy, consistency
and compliance with procedures and directives published by Credit
Risk Management. Work with lender to resolve any issues found;
report any discrepancies to supervising manager as
- For New loans: Read loan documents, approved loan offering and
commitment letter (if applicable), and prepare booking sheets for
processing clerks to utilize for Miser input. Select appropriate
loan account type and Miser codes required to accurately input
borrower information, loan terms, billing parameters, collateral
information, escrow impound, deferred fees , deferred expenses,
prepayment penalties, scheduled rate and payment changes, CALL
Report codes, ticklers for exception tracking, etc. based on loan
terms, bank policy, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- For Line renewals and modifications: Prepare coding sheets
based on new loan terms approved on loan offering and/ or
commitment letter and new/ modified loan documents. Earn out any
existing fees, reset prepayment penalties etc., as applicable.
- Resolve any discrepancies in borrower name, address, tax id,
etc. with lender, documentation department, branch system and / or
CIF Department as needed.
- Distribute prepared loan booking sheets to Note Tellers for
processing. Audit output review to identify and resolve any keying
errors. Update error tracking spreadsheets for Sr. Mgmt as
- Distribute files and insert documents to scanning, post closing
or record retention for processing as appropriate.
- Must be detail oriented and have ability to read and understand
complex loan documents to accurately choose the correct loan codes,
determine approvals, etc. (Credit Policy Manual).
- Knowledge of bank regulatory requirements; i.e. Flood
Insurance, HMDA, CRA, Reg B, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of Miser software.
- Proficient PC skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be able to work with mathematical data i.e. percentages,
formulas, charts, and statistics to produce meaningful
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize daily work assignments while working in a
fast paced environment is required.
- High School diploma or GED and a minimum of 4 years experience
in commercial loan operations.
- Bachelor's degree or Paralegal certificate preferred.
Keywords: Valley National Bancorp, Wayne , Loan Operations Booking/Funding Specialist, Other , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!