Technology Support Specialist
Company: Wayne NJ Public Schools
Posted on: June 7, 2021
WAYNE TOWNSHIP PUBLIC SCHOOLS
TITLE: Technology Support Specialist
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer
science and/or 3 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in technology systems such as A+, Microsoft
- Excellent technical knowledge of network and PC hardware,
including digital media systems, Epson Brightlink projection
systems, Google Management, Google Chromebooks, and iPads (a
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive equipment support experience with desktop pc's and
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols,
operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural
documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into technical issues and products
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Strong customer-service orientation.
REPORTS TO: Director of Technology
The Technology Support Specialist's role is to support and
maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, peripherals, digital
AV media systems and associated instructional, administrative and
system software. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing,
maintaining, and upgrading all hardware, software and associated
equipment while ensuring optimal system performance. The person
will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate
fashion, and provide end user support, training and assistance
where and when required.
- Work with end users to identify and deliver required technology
support service levels. Liaise with, and provide training and
support to, end users and staff on technology systems such as
Digital AV media systems, software, computer operation and other
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot
end user hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking
- Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor,
and troubleshoot associated end user software and networking
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex
technology problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and
implement corrective hardware solutions, including repair as
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails
regarding technology issues such as PC and/or hardware/software
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all technology equipment
such as monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers,
scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
- Monitor and test technology systems performance and provide
technology systems performance statistics and reports.
- Construct, install, and test customized configurations based on
various platforms and operating systems.
- Conduct research on computer products in support of technology
procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend
hardware and software products for purchase.
- Write technical specifications for purchase of technology
systems such as PCs, digital AV systems, hardware and related
- Recommend, schedule, and perform technology systems, computer,
hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning
for meeting future technology systems hardware needs.
- Support development and implementation of new technology
projects and new hardware installations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment
contracts and supervise contract-based installations.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and equipment
EMPLOYMENT: Salary and work year to be determined by the Board
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually
in accordance with the provisions of the board's policy on
evaluations of non-certified staff.
Approved: April 27, 2017 H-2017-11
Keywords: Wayne NJ Public Schools, Wayne , Technology Support Specialist, Other , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!