Loan Review Officer
Company: Valley National Bancorp
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Loan Review Officer I will provide an independent assessment
of credit risk by examining individual credits and portfolios for
adherence to policies and procedures, adequate supervision,
appropriate risk ratings, and sound underwriting.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform independent assessment of credit to determine quality
of underwriting, administration and problem loan management.
- Evaluate the accuracy of loan officer risk ratings; assigning
and supporting more suitable risk ratings where appropriate.
- Assess the adequacy of loan and collateral documentation.
- Test loan officer compliance to Bank policies/procedures.
- Test for compliance to any applicable federal
- Assess management supervision; determine sufficiency of credit
risk management processes.
- Prepare detailed opinions through written/oral communications,
reports and dashboard summaries to support exam findings.
- Identify existing and emerging risk trends within portfolios;
providing suggestions/recommendations for improvement.
- Track issues identified in reviews and ensure action plans are
developed to address and mitigate.
- Interact with and support other credit related functions within
- Assist in the preparation of regulatory reports as
- Participate in due diligence activities of potential
acquisitions as required.
- Will typically work on site and at remote locations as deemed
necessary to complete work assignments.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of lending products,
lending process and the Loan Review function as it relates to the
review of lending portfolios. This includes understanding loan
origination, loan maintenance, loan accounting, regulatory
requirements, and regulatory examiners' expectations and how the
combination of these areas translates across KRIs with focus on
commercial lending (CRE and C&I), residential and consumer
- Must be able to understand loan documents and common loan terms
in credit files.
- Must be familiar with moderate to complicated lending products
and lending structures.
- Upper-Intermediate-/Advanced PC skills for Microsoft Office --
Word, Excel and Outlook; focus seen in MS Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills- Must be able
to compile data collected during reviews and interpret the data in
narrative and analytical form to present the resulting review
findings to senior management with nominal supervision.
- Must be able to present well-formed and supported opinions of
process and procedure to senior management with nominal
- Must be able to prioritize and organize assignments and meet
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to calculate simple to complex-level lending and
financial calculations, including but not limited to discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
- Ability to navigate multiple software systems with a level of
ease or minimal disruption in productivity; must feel comfortable
in a digital environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business related
field and a minimum of three years' experience as a Loan Review
Officer or High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of seven years'
experience as a Loan Review Officer, Commercial Credit Analyst, or
Commercial Loan Officer.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field and above experience
- Loan Review Certification preferred.
Keywords: Valley National Bancorp, Wayne , Loan Review Officer, Other , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!