Jr Financial Analyst
Company: Valley National Bancorp
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Jr. Financial Analyst/Structured Products will provide
comprehensive business analysis, report development and data
management for the Corporate Treasury department. Manage VNB's
derivative products by performing daily, monthly, quarterly
valuation and control checks on VNB's derivative portfolio. Prepare
derivative reports and ad-hoc reports as needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide timely reports summarizing results and analyze data to
evaluate the impact and benefit of bank initiatives and
- Compile, evaluate and analyze historical data necessary to
determine trends. Present information to customers and
- Creates and maintains models utilizing quantitative analysis
software for forecasts and strategic business decisions.
- Create/prepare and present PowerPoint presentation for assigned
initiatives such as training and instruction to Credit Underwriters
- Compile and analyze information regarding profit, loss and
income/expenses to budget.
- Provides internal managerial reports to Senior Executives to
track opportunities and key program statistics and metrics.
Validates data to ensure accurate for ALCO meetings.
- Maintain and post entries to general ledger.
- Assists in trade deals in live market for competitive auctions
as necessary. Requires timely responses to multiple Wall Street
banks to maintain
equity in transactions.
- Responsible for auditing executed deals in the trade capture
system including input checks, verifies accuracy of deal using
recordings, term sheets, email correspondence, and system
information. Handles discrepancies critical to trades in timely
- Locks down deal from further modification when complete and
sets up for daily valuations.
- Transaction Management: responsible for cleared trade
affirmation process, reporting borrower trade to swap data
repository, reporting borrower end user exception to central
clearing to DTCC, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining swap documentation. Prepare for
quarterly OCC audit, detailed preparation and compare
- Reviews risk participation agreements, credit support documents
and forward starting swaps.
- Reviews borrower Eligible Contract Participant (ECP)
- Back-office / swap operations: administers borrower valuation
reports, borrower contact management.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel. Ability to create pivot tables
and macros and use lookup and logic functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize assignments.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and complete projects
effectively with little supervision.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance from four-year
college or university and a minimum of one-year experience in
Keywords: Valley National Bancorp, Wayne , Jr Financial Analyst, Other , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!