Posted on: June 10, 2021
Location: Wayne, NJ (EPCO), New Jersey, United States
Requisition ID: 56436
Schindler stands for mobility. Mobility needs experts.
Join our team in Wayne, NJ (EPCO).
Founded in Switzerland in 1874, the Schindler Group is a leading
global provider of elevators, escalators, and related services.
Schindler mobility solutions move one billion people every day all
over the world. Behind the company's success are over 60,000
employees in more than 100 countries.
With U.S. Headquarters in Morristown, New Jersey, Schindler
Elevator Corporation is the North American operating entity of the
Switzerland-based Schindler Group. Schindler is one of the leading
global manufacturers of elevators, escalators and moving walks.
Schindler employs over 5,000 people in more than 230 locations in
North America. The company specializes in latest-technology
engineering as well as mechanical and micro-technology products
designed and rigorously tested for comfort, efficiency and
reliability. Schindler products can be found in many well-known
buildings throughout the US, including 4 World Trade Center, the
Bank of America Tower and the Marriott Marquis in New York, Cowboys
Stadium in Dallas and the Cleveland Clinic in Las Vegas.
Mobility is the goal
Elevator Products Corporation is looking for a Industrilization
Engineer to work under the direction of the Engineering &
Industrialization Manager to support the Operation Excellence our
business. The candidate will participate and lead cross functional
teams for developing and executing short and long term action plans
for improving safety, quality and productivity of existing and
newely developed product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead industrialization efforts and change management activities
within the organization for new and existing products.
- Review and validate proposed product changes and new product
- Propose, plan, implement and support activities aimed at
efficiency improvements and best in class manufacturing practices
through process optimization and/or product development cost
reduction projects by identifying opportunities and executing.
- Utilize organization's Quality and Productivity metrics to
identify opportunities and track the impact of
- Champion the application of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma
- Plan and lead Kaizen events across the facility to support
countinuous improvement opportunities
- Implement defect prevention procedures and/or processes in
product design or application.
- Develop and maintain standard work instructions and other
- Develop and maintain manufacturing BOMs within MRP
- Analyze new equipment and process technologies for potential
application in elevator and escalator products.
- Lead and support general cost reduction projects by identifying
opportunities and executing.
- Cooperation with significant interfaces such as: Mechanical and
Electrical Engineering, Customer Installation Expert, Customer
Field Project Manager and Product/Tool/Process Management.
- Support Engineering analysis in solving complex product design,
application, manufacturing, installation and service problems.
- Act as technical product and process support for various
activities and initiatives across the facility.
- Analyze and solve complex product design, application,
manufacturing, installation and service problems.
Mobility needs you
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 2-4 years Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial
- Proficiencey implementing Lean & Six Sigma concepts (Green Belt
- Strong Multi-tasking and Organizational skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively, proactively and independently as
well as in a team based environment.
- Ability to take a "Hands-On" approach to all tasks at
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to
- Experience in one of more CAD systems (ie: AutoCAD, PTC Creo,
- Experience with MRP tool preferred
Competencies an Behaviors:
- Develop & communicate a shared ambition - Brings fresh insight
and forms ambitious plans for the achievement of goals. Consistent
communication of these plans to a wide audience, ensuring that all
employees understand the way forward and their role in the
achievement of team, department, and organizational goals.
- Inspire people - The ability to energize and inspire others
with an unshakeable belief and passion for the success of Schindler
by providing purpose and direction, showing courage and encouraging
others to do the same.
- Promote teamwork - Builds strong, cohesive teams and work
across organizational, functional, geographic, and zone boundaries.
Leverage best practices from different parts of the organization,
and maximize economies of scale.
- Develop people - Creates a learning environment and commitment
to building capability of people within the organization.
Establishes feedback and development opportunities to bridge
knowledge and skill gaps, allocates challenging responsibilities
for development purposes, and adopting a coaching, mentoring and
facilitative approach to leadership that continuously nurturing of
talents and aspirations.
- Think & act like an entrepreneur - Demonstrates the capacity to
view a situation, problem, or opportunity from multiple
perspectives at the same time and to develop alternative solutions
to support business decisions.
- Drive for results -Focuses on the achievement of business
results for a team, branch, or organizational unit by overcome
obstacles and barriers and deliver to the highest possible
standards. Consistently hitting goals and objectives and pushing
oneself and others to achieve stretch goals.
Do you want to move the future with us?
If so, please click the Apply now button.
Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation,
marital status, gender identity, national origin, citizenship
status, disability or protected veteran status.
Schindler is committed to ensuring that our Career Center is
accessible to all jobseekers, including individuals with
disabilities. If you are having difficulty with the application or
the accessibility of this website, please contact
Keywords: Schindler, Wayne , Manufacturing Engineer, Other , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!