Pharmacy Per Diem
Company: Hackensack University Medical Center
Posted on: June 11, 2021
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack
Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the
lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each
and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational
health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care
capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to
apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career
all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Pharmacy Per Diem is responsible for the dispensing and
monitoring of medication therapy in accordance with all applicable
regulations and standards.
A day in the life of a Pharmacy Per Diem at Hackensack Meridian
- Complies with all state and federal regulations and Medical
Center policies and procedures relating to drug dispensing,
including appropriate handling of drug products, adherence to
security procedures, and completion of necessary documentation.
This includes appropriate control and dispensing of controlled
dangerous substances and investigational drugs.
- Reviews and dispenses medication orders and clarifies any and
all potential problems with orders.
- Monitors patient drug therapy regimens for allergies, drug-drug
interactions, drug-food interactions, and potential adverse
- Prepares admixtures using aseptic technique (e.g., IV
solutions, TPN, chemotherapy).
- Performs assigned unit inspections to assure proper maintenance
and storage of medication supplies, including emergency drug
- Oversees activities of ancillary personnel (Pharmacy
Technicians and Assistant/Couriers).
- Employs principles of safe medication practice as dictated by
departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and
modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e.,
age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.)
This process includes communicating with the patient, parent and/or
primary caregiver(s) at their level (developing/age, educational,
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Graduate of an APCE accredited school of pharmacy, or
equivalent, with a minimum of a BS degree in Pharmacy.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- 1-2 years of hospital pharmacy experience.
- Knowledge of unit dose dispensing and principles of aseptic
technique and related computer applications.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- NJ Licensed Registered Pharmacist.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your
strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Keywords: Hackensack University Medical Center, Wayne , Pharmacy Per Diem, Other , Hackensack, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!