Associate Engineering Technician, R&D - Wayne, NJ
Company: Getinge Group
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Performs prototype assembly and testing to support R&D new
product development and other laboratory activities under the
direction of R&D Engineers and senior technicians. In addition,
provide support to other departments (Production Engineering, QA
Engineering, and Quality Control) in the performing of testing,
measurements and other evaluations to support Production issues
troubleshooting and implementation of design changes.
- Provide technical support to R&D staff performing product
and component testing with supervision, training, and direction as
- Fabricate R&D product prototypes, including early-phase
conceptual/feasibility prototypes, including cables, from informal
or formal documentation.
- Obtain and maintain knowledge of past and current products,
including applicable assembly and testing methods.
- Capture photographs, microscope photographs, video, and
high-speed video as required
- Conduct product and/or component testing including recording of
written records per notebook studies and protocol-based
- Set-up, de-bug, and run various test fixtures and test
equipment, including PC-based data acquisition equipment.
- Perform R&D test protocols and complete data analysis
including detailed evaluation of component and/or product test
- Soldering of thru hole and surface mount components, use of
Oscilloscope and various hand tools such as but not limited to
strippers, crimpers, digital voltmeters.
The percentage distribution of the above tasks are determined by
organizational and company priorities as communicated by upper
- 5 years' experience in combination of engineering labs,
operations labs or engineering/production environment or 3 years'
experience with a 2 year technical degree.
- Prior experience medical product development and/or
manufacturing or related area a plus.
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: Getinge Group, Wayne , Associate Engineering Technician, R&D - Wayne, NJ, Other , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!