Anticipated District Residency/Truancy Specialist
Company: Wayne NJ Public Schools
Posted on: June 12, 2021
TITLE: RESIDENCY/TRUANCY SPECIALIST
Preferred investigative work experience - law enforcement, PI,
or similar experience.
Candidate will be required to complete surveillance, review
school documents, and produce reports related to residency,
enrollment, and attendance.
High School graduate or equivalent. Valid driver's license and
use of an automobile. Ability to establish and maintain effective
working relationships with students, staff, administrators, parents
and the community. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally
and in writing.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director SSS - Federal, State and Special
Assists Central Office administration and building principals in
ensuring students develop and maintain good attendance practices
and that parents support the attendance requirements of the school
district. As directed by Administration, assists in District
efforts to ensure compliance with all residency laws and District
- Verifies student residency using methods to include, but not
limited to, surveillance, computer programs, paperwork review and
any other methods applicable.
- Visits student's residence to develop positive family attitude
toward academic success, attendance at school and student growth
- Completes and submits reports of home visitations and
- Follows up on special cases of residency or truancy at the
request of the building principal or the District Coordinator of
- Attends court proceedings when necessary, testifying on behalf
of the school district in cases involving truancy and/or enrollment
eligibility. Also attends Board meetings, committee meetings or
hearings, as assigned by Administration, in order to provide
information on residency/truancy investigations.
- Assists the District Coordinator of Compliance in conducting
investigations into residency/truancy matters, by conducting home
visits, surveillance and utilizing other appropriate investigative
- Provides District-based support in the areas related to student
attendance and verifying student residency.
- Protects confidentiality of records and information gained as
part of exercising professional duties; uses discretion in sharing
such information within legal confines.
- Adheres to New Jersey school law, State Board of Education
rules and regulations, Board of Education policies and regulations
and school regulations and procedures.
- Performs other duties which may be considered related to
registration and/or truancy at the request of the District
Coordinator of Compliance.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Hourly position paid at $30/hour. Weekly hours assigned as
needed; annual stipend not to exceed $20,000; no medical
Performance evaluated annually in accordance with NJ State law
and the provisions of the Board of Education's policy on
Keywords: Wayne NJ Public Schools, Wayne , Anticipated District Residency/Truancy Specialist, Other , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!