Assistant Boys Basketball Coach
Company: Wayne NJ Public Schools
Posted on: June 12, 2021
ASSISTANT COACH C-332
WAYNE TOWNSHIP PUBLIC SCHOOLS EXTRA CURRICULAR JOB
State Teaching Certificate/County Substitute Certificate (60
college units to qualify); Skill qualifications necessary to
complete established performance responsibilities. Prior experience
in the sport.
Coaching experience preferred.
SUPERVISION FROM: Head Coach; Director of Athletics; Building
SUPERVISION OVER: Managers, student athletes, other adults
working in the sport area.
To assume responsibility for leadership, supervision and
organization of a specific athletic activity; to carry out the
objectives of the District Athletic Program, the Conference and the
- Must possess and demonstrate knowledge of the sport.
- Shall be knowledgeable of new ideas and techniques by attending
clinics and workshops, reading in his/her sport.
- Shall be responsible for up-to-date knowledge of conference and
- Shall be active in professional organizations.
- Shall be responsible for the general upkeep, care and
protection of equipment under his/her jurisdiction. Keeps
up-to-date inventory of supplies and equipment within the sport
area and shall arrange for the systematic return of all school
- Takes appropriate actions, including recommendations for
improvement, to ensure that his/her facility, field, locker room
and/or play area are maintained in a safe and healthy state for
- Recommends the purchase of equipment, supplies, uniforms and
other materials, as appropriate and necessary.
- Assists the Head Coach with the annual budget as may be
- Shall maintain records of team and individual accomplishments
to be recorded with the Head Coach/Athletic Director on a regular
- Shall, when appropriate, participate in League and County
- Fall coaches shall be present for pre-season sports
- Shall have working knowledge of the District policies on
accident reporting and insurance programs and ensure that each
athlete has had an appropriate physical examination.
- Shall assist the Head Coach and Athletic Director in compiling
- Shall communicate to student athletes all rules and regulations
related to participation in the school sports program.
- Shall communicate to athletes the criteria for receiving
- Shall provide supervisory control over all phases of team
- Conducts practice sessions within his/her sport within
guidelines specified by the Director of Athletics and clears
special holiday or weekend practice schedules with the Director of
- Shall emphasize safety precautions and use accepted training
and injury procedures. Works closely with the school physician, the
school nurse, and the athletic trainer as appropriate in dealing
- Shall conduct one's self in a sportsmanlike fashion at all
times and is responsible for the actions and conduct of his/her
team members whenever they are under his/her jurisdiction. Enforces
discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and establishes
penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Shall be responsible for supervising all locker rooms and
securing all facilities at the close of each practice or
- Makes recommendations for awards, and for the establishment of
appropriate criteria for awards, as directed by the Director of
Athletics, and shall attend all award programs related to his/her
- Shall ensure that members of his/her team are dressed
appropriately for trips to other schools.
- Clears with the Principal and Director of Athletics the
departure time for trips which involve the loss of school time, and
for seeing that the faculty is given adequate and appropriate prior
notice of such changes.
- Builds good sportsmanship and good public relations in the
school and community. Makes available appropriate information to
the news media relevant to his/her sport.
- Keeps the Head Coach/Director of Athletics informed of program
developments and problems as they occur throughout the season.
- Shall recommend short term student athlete suspensions directly
to the Head Coach/Director of Athletics and shall recommend long
term suspensions or dismissals to the Head Coach/Director of
Athletics and the Building Principal.
- Teaches individual participants the skills necessary for
excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Shall be responsible for other duties as necessary and assigned
by the Head Coach/Director of Athletics.
- The incumbent shall be trained by the District to serve as a
delegate for administration of the Epi-Pen, as needed.
Keywords: Wayne NJ Public Schools, Wayne , Assistant Boys Basketball Coach, Other , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!