Director of Nursing RN
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Posted on: November 11, 2021
Director Of Nursing RN
820 Hamburg Turnpike
Wayne, New Jersey 07470
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive competitive compensation and a
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you'll earn
more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your
career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health,
financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you
can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something
bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Benefit plan package
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Associate Compassion Fund
- Associate Discounts
- Identity theft protection
- Pet savings and insurance plans
- Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
- Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption Benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
- Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses,
incentive, or commission plans.
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all
associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held
religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Manages the day-to-day clinical services of a more complex
community to ensure residents' healthcare needs are met. Ensures
residents are treated with respect and dignity and ensures quality
care as residents' healthcare needs change. Supervises and provides
leadership, as well as coaching, to licensed nurses and other
direct care staff within the community. May be responsible for
leading additional clinical leadership team up to five members. The
HWD level for each community is determined based on the total
complexity of the role. Complexity criteria include, but are not
limited to, factors such as size, type of product lines, medication
management regulations, 90-day assessment requirements, multiple
licensure requirements, state regulatory complexity, and skilled
services requiring an RN.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of community-based
licensed, certified, and non-certified clinical associates.
- Empowers clinical leaders to supervise, direct, and motivate
staff within their oversight.
- Assigns and directs work of clinical leaders and subordinates;
appraises performance; rewards and disciplines associates;
addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Provides training and education to caregivers on an ongoing
basis with classroom in-services and situation-specific
- Supervises the maintenance of resident charts and reviews
documentation performed by caregiving staff.
- As described and allowed in the Nurse Practice Act, assesses
health, oversees medication administration, oversees functional and
psycho-social status of residents, initiates individualized service
plans, proactively manages care and services for each resident,
evaluates effectiveness, and maximizes the resident's opportunity
to remain in their environment.
- Manages the health care of residents, including the
dissemination of information to families and associates. Ensures
that family members are aware of the resident's need for scheduled
- Participates in pre-admission screening of prospective new
residents. Assures that required documentation is completed prior
to or upon resident admission, including nursing assessments,
service plans, and other assigned forms. Updates assessments as
required by policy and as described or allowed in Nurse Practice
Act or other state regulation.
- Performs on-site evaluations of residents admitted to alternate
care environments for treatment, and maintains contact with
resident families with the intent of returning resident to
- Evaluates residents, documents changes in condition, and
notifies Executive Director, resident's physician, and resident's
legally responsible party/family of resident's condition and
- Communicates with physicians regarding residents' status and
condition changes. Ensures residents are prepared for physician
appointments and visits.
- Facilitates continuity of care for those residents receiving
home health care, hospice services, and other third party
- Participates in or leads meetings relevant to resident care
issues, such as Service Plan meetings, involving appropriate
parties as needed.
- Ensures in-house ancillary medical services such as podiatrist,
doctor visits, dental visits, psych visits, lab, X-ray, ambulance,
etc. are scheduled and followed through.
- Participates in department quality improvement activities.
- Assists in keeping the environment safe for associates to
reduce the occurrence of Workers' Compensation claims by
appropriately evaluating resident transfer and mobility needs and
involving therapy services as indicated.
- Shares on-call and manager on duty
/shifts as required.
This job description represents an overview of the
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of
. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by their
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Wayne , Director of Nursing RN, Other , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!