Machine Setup Operator 2nd shift, 3pm - 11:30pm
Company: Saint-Gobain Corporation
Posted on: September 16, 2022
If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest
potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for
innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently
recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global
Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of
innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse
and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are
committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we
witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around
How would you like to work in a dynamic, innovative company with
opportunity to grow your career? Saint-Gobain in Wayne, NJ is for
We offer competitive salary, shift differential, matching 401k,
bonus, retirement plan, benefits start day one, tuition
reimbursement, growth opportunities and so much more
We have an immediate need for two Machine Setup Operators, 2nd
shift-3pm - 11:30p. Training will be on 1st shift, 7am-3:30pm for
approximately three months.
Are you mechanically inclined, good with your hands, this may be
the job for you.
Scope: Setup and operate extrusion equipment to process polymers
into film and sheets.
* Assist Operators during line start-up, threading, etc.
* Perform cleanout and some set-up tasks such as screws, barrels,
melt pipes under guidance and close supervision of Operators or
* Load raw materials per operator's instructions
* Communicate and cooperate with fellow employees to maintain
quality, operational efficiency, and safety.
* Clean and maintain machinery, tools, and work area as scheduled
or as needed.
* Maintain necessary records as required by SOPs and work
instructions (i.e. production data entry).
* Participate in self-development.
* Perform other related duties as required or as directed by
* Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
* Understand all environmental policies and significant
environmental impact of job activities in accordance with the ISO
* Minimum of High school diploma or equivalent.
* Minimum of 3-5 years in general manufacturing environment, or 2-3
years in plastic extrusion operation, or 1-2 years in film
* Very strong mechanical aptitude, ability to maintain tooling and
dies and to use measuring devices.
* Able to operate independently and as part of a team.
* Basic command of the English language, written and verbal.
* Able to read and follow SOPs, labels, and work instructions.
Our commitment to being a Great Place to Work is a strong one. We
encourage and foster our employees to be engaged through their
participation in various committees/ teams. These teams help build
a relationship between employees; they bring together employees
from different shifts, different departments, and different career
levels and promotes a culture of unity and pride. In an environment
of listening, caring, developing, thanking and inspiring, the
Saint-Gobain Wayne Plant IS a Great Place to Work
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered
veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local
laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals
with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
Keywords: Saint-Gobain Corporation, Wayne , Machine Setup Operator 2nd shift, 3pm - 11:30pm, Other , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!