SMT Machine Operator - Skilled
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Vision Research is a Business Unit in the Materials Analysis
Division of AMETEK, Inc. Vision Research manufactures industry
leading high-speed digital cameras. Our cameras are primarily sold
into industrial, academic, defense and government research
facilities. We also have a smaller entertainment oriented camera
business. Although not our primary focus, Vision Research has
received both an Academy Award and an Emmy for our technical
contribution to the entertainment industry. To learn more about
Vision Research, Phantom cameras and to get a good idea of the type
of images we can collect please go to www.phantomhighspeed.com.
Summary: Looking for motivated individuals with Surface Mount
Technology (SMT) operation experience. Candidate should be familiar
with Printed Circuit Board (PCB) assembly particularly working with
SMT equipment such as screen printers, pick and place machines,
reflow ovens, and Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) machines. An
understanding of the SMT Assembly Process is required which
includes the identification of SMT component packages.
Certification in IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001 is a plus but not
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include but not limited to
- Will perform screen printer setup which involves loading the
program, stencils, board support, and solder paste. Experience
using MPM screen printers a plus.
- Select the proper stencil screen for use during screen
- Will be responsible for recognizing screen print defects.
- The ability to perform pick and place machine setups which
includes program loading, feeder setup, nozzle or tooling
identification, and any necessary adjustments to properly populate
a PCB. Previous knowledge working with MYDATA equipment a
- Verify Correct part numbers are being used for the specific job
- Working with reflow ovens. Familiarity in loading recipes on a
Heller ovens a plus.
- Ability to properly inspect boards using the AOI machine. Will
load AOI programs and review inspection results from machine.
Experience operating OMRON AOI machines a plus.
- The ability to identify SMT soldering and placement defects.
Knowledge of IPC-A-610 specifications a plus.
- Understand and comply with SMT Workmanship requirements to IPC
- Utilize Process sheets to ensure correct build of product. This
includes verifying any process deviations or Engineering Change
Orders (ECOs) required for a build.
- Will be required to assemble boards based on Bill of Materials
- Will need to read and have an understanding of assembly
- Basic computer skills required to use company ERP system.
- Component ID Recognition Ability
- General understanding of inventory control method and Work
- General understanding of 6S system
Keywords: AMETEK, Wayne , SMT Machine Operator - Skilled, Other , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!