Sr. Engineer, Mechanical
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*Sr. Engineer, Mechanical*
*At Getinge we have the passion to perform*
Join our diverse teams of passionate people and a career that
allows you to develop both personally and professionally. At
Getinge, our passion is to secure that every person and community
have access to the best possible care, offering hospitals and life
science institutions products and solutions that aim to improve
clinical results and optimize workflows. Every day we collaborate
to make a true difference for our customers - and to save more
lives. Are you looking for an inspiring career? You just found
Responsible for the mechanical design, development and sustaining
support for new and on-market products. Work independently on
engineering solutions to problems of moderate to high complexity
requiring ingenuity and creativity. Incorporate decisions that
reflect technical as well as business priorities. Contribute to the
development of engineering technical capabilities and the
development of junior-level engineers.
*Job Responsibilities and Essential Duties: *
* Applies expertise as an emerging authority in the mechanical
engineering discipline, specializing in the design, engineering and
manufacturing processes of Getinge products.
* Works in multidisciplinary cross-functional teams to conceive,
develop, and transfer to manufacturing mechanical design solutions
that meet product and business requirements.
* Participates in developing, reviewing, and establishing design
objectives, requirements, and specifications compliant with Getinge
* Creates conceptual and detailed design models using MCAD
* Creates engineering simulations of mechanical product performance
using various methods and tools (first principles, numerical
simulation, etc.), and/or leads the activities of others.
* Collaborates with other engineering functions.
* Develops schedule and planned deliverables and coordinates with
* Develops prototype hardware using internal manufacturing
resources and outside vendors.
* Creates protocols and performs tests on prototypes and product to
verify the design meets requirements such as performance,
environmental, regulatory and safety.
* Generates documentation supporting the design including detailed
* Prepares and processes engineering change notices.
* Assesses relevant external standards.
* Writes detailed technical reports.
* Provides training, technical direction and guidance to junior
* Provides technical support to manufacturing and suppliers and
works cross functionally with sustaining engineering and supply
* Makes design proposals and/or decisions based on rigorous
*Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: *
* BSME or MSME and a minimum of 6 years of related experience in
design/product development of electro-mechanical assemblies
including technical supervision of sub-projects
* Experience designing and documenting components, assemblies and
manufacturing processes based on a variety of manufacturing
* Advanced proficiency with SolidWorks, MCAD/CAE software.
* Must have the education and experience to understand and comply
with U.S. and Worldwide medical device regulations (As applicable
to your job function).
* Expert knowledge of drawing layout, dimensioning and tolerance
* Experience performing thermal and structural analysis, and
* Knowledge of Design for Six Sigma principles and application to
robust design development.
* Knowledge of FDA, IEC and UL standards relating to medical
* Strong technical and analytical ability, verbal and written
communication skills, ingenuity and creativity, interpersonal and
project management skills
* Ability to operate measurement and test equipment.
*Excellent Opportunity to join an industry leader!*
*Dental, Health,* *Vision,* *Life and 401(k) and more!*
*The salary range is $95K - $125k depending on experience.*
*Interested candidates please send your resume.*
*Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
We look forward to receiving your application. If you share our
passion and believe that saving lives is the greatest job in the
world, then we look forward to receiving your application. We hope
you will join us on our journey to become the world's most desired
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location%15533037%
Keywords: Getinge, Wayne , Sr. Engineer, Mechanical, Other , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!