Volunteer Engagement Coordinator (REPOST)
Company: Passaic County CASA, Inc.
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Are you passionate about helping people have a positive
volunteer experience? Are you passionate about supporting children
in foster care? Join us!
Passaic County CASA is celebrating its 15th Anniversary of
providing high-quality advocacy services to abused and neglected
youth in the child welfare and foster care systems. Our only
interest is the child's best interest. You have the opportunity to
join this dynamic and powerful organization as a full-time Outreach
The Volunteer Engagement Coordinator is responsible for the
end-to-end experience of Court Appointed Special Advocate
volunteers including recruitment, screening, assistance in the
training of volunteer advocates, as well as promoting awareness of
CASA in the community. Passaic County CASA (Court Appointed Special
Advocates) for Children advocates for the best interests of
children in the child welfare and foster care system. The
organization mobilizes community volunteers to serve as advocates
for abused and neglected children in foster care.
Consistent with the mission and values of Passaic County CASA for
Children, the position will be primarily responsible for creating
and executing a detailed plan to identify, engage and secure an
increased and diverse number of qualified volunteers to serve as
Court Appointed Special Advocates. The role will lead the life
cycle of the volunteer from awareness/introduction, through the
application, screening, and training process. Recruitment of
volunteers takes place in a variety of marketing channels,
including but not limited to social media, newspaper, in-person
events, virtual events, and direct contacts.
Volunteer Engagement Coordinator Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for development, implementation, and maintenance of
Annual Recruitment, Engagement, and Volunteer training Plan
- Serve as the main point of contact for individuals wishing to
become Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) volunteers. Monitor
and respond to all inquiries in a timely manner.
- Represent the organization in the community
- Identify effective methods of volunteer recruitment for the
- Develop pro-active and innovative approaches to sourcing and
educating interested persons and companies about Passsaic County
- Seek out and locate opportunities to present the organization's
mission to the community
- Coordinate with the Office Manager to ensure new volunteer
applicants are interviewed and background checked.
- Organize and coordinate twice-monthly continuing education
workshops for volunteers by locating and scheduling guest
- Identify effective methods of volunteer retention in
partnership with other staff to target efforts that will increase
volunteer longevity and combat secondary trauma.
- Assists with the development of creative pieces that target
potential volunteers. (Website, postcards, direct mail pieces,
- Plan, schedule and implement orientation sessions for
prospective new volunteers.
- Assists with the creation of and distributes material on
various communication channels (newsletter, website, social
- Be present at New Volunteer Training courses to assist and
support consistency among the Training Facilitators.
- Track and oversee volunteer training hours and
- Data entry and statistical data reporting on other activities
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be willing to submit to and pass multiple background
- Must be able to work outdoors in both hot and cold
- Must be routinely able to lift 40 poundsQualifications/Skills
Undergraduate degree (combined education, work experience and
results will be considered in lieu of degree)
- 2-3 years experience in volunteer recruitment, community
outreach, sales or marketing
- Creative thinker with the ability to develop innovative
recruitment ideas and corresponding presentation materials
- Knowledge of and passion for the organization's mission
- Collaborative influencing style
- Measurable experience in initiating and building professional
- Outstanding written and verbal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to speak to groups of all sizes
- Proven experience in juggling multiple tasks and prioritizing
- Needs to be confident, flexible and responsible
- Solid computer skills (Microsoft Office), embraces technology,
database experience a plus
- Experience with a nonprofit, the child welfare system and
working with volunteers is a plus but not required.
All applications must include a cover letter. Resumes without cover
letter will not be considered.
How to Apply: Please submit resume and cover letter (addressed to
Executive Director) and specific to this position. No phone calls
Job Type: Full-timePay: $48,000.00 - $55,000.00 per yearBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Phone/internet use stipend
- Generous Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Paid parenting/bonding time
- Medical Insurance
Schedule: This is an exempt full-time position and requires
flexibility to attend evening and weekend events as scheduled.
COVID-19 considerations: Vaccination is a requirement of
employment.Work Location: Multiple LocationsTo apply, please submit
a resume and cover letter. No phone calls.
Keywords: Passaic County CASA, Inc., Wayne , Volunteer Engagement Coordinator (REPOST), Other , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!