Staff Appraiser - Commercial
Company: Valley Bank
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The Staff Appraiser - Commercial -is responsible for reviewing
and performing written appraisal reports on commercial and
special-use properties in compliance with underwriting standards.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain contact with various departments to resolve problems
relative to requests for appraisal work.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of changes in the commercial
appraisal profession and recommend changes in official Valley
National Bank Appraisal policies and procedures as
- Responsible for processing appraisal requests and customer
billing to ensure that the skill level of outside fee appraisers is
sufficient and that the fee quotes are reasonable.
- Review appraisals to ensure that the methodology, market data
and analysis are reasonable and that the report conforms to USPAP
and Valley National Bank standards.
- Travel to properties for primary inspections as well as Field
- Search, Set-up and review of new appraisal firms for FF&E
and Business Valuations for new territories which the bank has
- Make specific recommendations for the addition of Commercial
and Special-Use Property Appraisers to Valley National Bank's
Approved Appraiser List.
- Perform appraisals for various departments within the bank,
including the commercial loan department for Quality Control
Purposes and validation of samples. These appraisals are performed
monthly on a sample group of closed loans to meet underwriting
- Review quality control appraisals performed by outside
appraisal firms to the results of the original appraisals and track
- Review environmental reports to ensure that the methodology,
market data and analysis are reasonable and that the report
conforms to ASTM and Valley National Bank standards.
Keywords: Valley Bank, Wayne , Staff Appraiser - Commercial, Other , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!