Inventory Control Associate
Company: DSV Road Transport
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Inventory Control Associate must have Clerical experience .
Candidate will be responsible for data entry for receipts,
shipments and inventory maintenance. The Inventory Associate is
responsible for assisting the supervisor/manager in ensuring the
facility is in compliance with quality standards.
As part of the DSV team, Associates are expected to meet company
objectives in the areas of performance, safety, and quality.
Associates are expected to comply with all corporate and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Maintain accurate warehouse inventory
* Direct customer interface to answer questions and resolve
* Return material coming from customer to factory
* Transfer material to the appropriate area
* Function autonomously, reporting progress and issues to
* Follow company policies, guidelines and procedures
* Maintain appropriate records and reports to ensure inventory
control and security. Conduct physical inventory as required.
Assist in conduct daily / monthly "in-house" cycle count when
required, support shipping / receiving in locating missing items
* Perform safety audits per operation requirements. Report and
correct any unsafe operations
* Participate in daily start-up and staff meetings as required.
Assist supervision as needed.
* Use PC skills for e-mail and generating reports as required.
* Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities
relating to product, process, and quality system; to identify and
record any problems relating to the product, process, and quality
system; to initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through
designated channels; to verify the implementation of solutions.
* Review/investigate issues with inbound and/or outbound functions
including unloading, checking, orderly stacking, storing, order
pulling, staging, labeling and loading. Ship material to the
factory upon client requests inventory. Notify management when
procedures require updates.
* Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area. Perform
housekeeping audits per operation requirements.
* Performs other duties as required
* Assist supervision/management as needed
* Able to work flexible schedules, including nights and weekends,
as required by the operation. Participate in established cross
training matrix activities with the opportunity to improve their
knowledge in multiple areas / departments and be able to assist as
a backup associate when the need may rise.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
* Must have a High school diploma or general education degree
* 6 months experience working in a logistics/distribution/relevant
* Basic computer skills
* RF Scanners
* WMS functions
* English (reading, writing, verbal)
* Basic to intermediate level to verify quantities of product,
count inventory, or perform other duties associated with handling,
storing and distributing client products.
* Strong attention to detail accuracy and accomplish job task in a
* Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision or
* Must be able to effectively adapt to change and thrive in a
stimulating, fast-pace work environment.
* 1-3 years' experience working in an inventory department
* Computer Knowledge
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her
hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach
with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The
employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision
requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs while following proper lifting
procedures. Must be able to stand on feet for up to 8 hours per
Keywords: DSV Road Transport, Wayne , Inventory Control Associate, Professions , Wayne, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!